A Cêpan is one of the two kinds of citizens on Lorien, a subspecies from the primary Loric species. A Cêpan does not have any Legacies, but is highly intelligent and, like all Loric, has physical enhancements that prove their superiority to the human species.
During their teenage years, Cêpan take an aptitude test. Some Cêpan are chosen to go to train at the academy to become a Mentor Cêpan, who teach the Garde as children how to control their Legacies. Other Cêpan run the planet while the Garde defend it. Every Garde on Lorien is assigned a Cêpan at a young age to train them up into adulthood. As of this point in the story, Lexa is the only surviving Cêpan.
The Mentor CêpanEdit
- Hilde/Hessu was assigned to Number One.
- Conrad Hoyle was assigned to Number Two.
- A male Cêpan (name unknown) was assigned to Number Three.
- Henri was assigned to Number Four.
- Albert was assigned to Number Five.
- Katarina was assigned to Number Six.
- Adelina was assigned to Number Seven.
- Reynolds was assigned to Number Eight.
- Sandor was assigned to Number Nine.
- Crayton escaped with and protected Ella. He is, as he described in "The Power of Six", Ella's "unofficial Cêpan". Lorien was attacked before Crayton could officially be assigned to Ella as her Cêpan.
- Lexa escaped with Ella and helps the rest of the Garde.