"'I've always told you, stick with Héctor Ricardo; he'll take care of you.'" -Héctor Ricardo, The Power of SixHéctor was a human. He lived in Santa Teresa. He was the town drunk and Marina's best friend. He would always tell Marina some words of wisdom. His mother had an incurable disease, and Héctor was taking care of her. He called Marina "Marina of the sea." He talked about how the Latin root of Hector means "to defend and hold fast" and "Ricardo" means "power and bravery". He always told Marina to stick with him, and he will protect her. Soon after discovering her ability, Marina healed Héctor's mother. Héctor found out that Marina was a member of the Garde and helped her. He talked to Crayton and drove himself, Crayton, Marina, and Ella to a lake, helping them escape. He died there, helping Marina, after fighting and killing more than his fair share of Mogadorians.
Though Hector was very often under the influence, his words were insightful and spoken with wisdom. Here is a list of quotes he said to Marina.
- "If you ever know a man who tries to drown his sorrows, kindly inform him his sorrows know how to swim."
- "Show me a man without vice and I'll show you one without a virtue!"
- "Life is but a fine wine, to be sipped and savored."
- "The only limits of tomorrow are the doubts we have today."
- "My experiences have taught me that things rarely improve with a simple change of scenery."
- "The key to change is letting go of fear."